Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fig recipe competition...my entry!




I found a wonderful site on Sunday evening. It is called They Draw and Cook and it is full of illustrated recipes from around the world. Amyone can do it - it seems to be the perfect embodiment of everything that is wonderful about the internet. It is democratic (anyone at all can upload a recipe, regardless of skill level): it shares happiness (what could be happier than eating something delicious?): it is entertaining (just look at a few and you'll agree) - and above all, it is a beautiful way to unite the world.

Anyway they had a competition on which I thought I would like to enter - only trouble was, the closing date was just a few hours away. I found the site on Sunday night and the closing date and time was Monday at midnight EST. In fact if it had been midnight my time, I wouldn't have made it.

The recipe had to feature figs - fresh or dried, it didn't matter. Other than that, it had to follow a size format, but you were entirely free otherwise to do whatever you liked.
I woke up at 6 am on Monday, determined to get an entry in on time. I finished at 1 am...and the results are here for you to see. I still had to walk the dog, get the kids ready for school, make lunch (a divine homemade pizza with anchovies), make dinner (we won't talk too much about that - suffice to say that often the dinners that come from the freezer are the kids' favourites) and clean the kitchen.

Give the recipe a try - it's really delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment